Tuesday 8 May 2012

Perfection.

Well, that took quite a while to make the decision: but here I am, back in blogland, back to share my feelings, thoughts, experiences, travels and ideologies here on the internet! 

Inspired by my dear friend Sanne, I decided that today is the day. This week is the key to a new life. The key to do better. To succeed in my studies, to always finish deadlines on time, to start doing sports again, to be active, to read books, to not stay up that late, to clean my room and keep it neat, to do whatever I have to do and be perfect. 

Perfect. 

Shall I start with a list of faillures? Or shall I turn my back on them for today and tell myself that it doesn't matter that I hardly didn't do anything for my studies, handed in my assignment five minutes before deadline, fully aware of the fact that my professor will be able to see that I started working on it way too late, didn't do Pilates as I planned to, didn't open any book at all, my rooms a complete mess and I'm writing this blog at 1.30 am. 

Perfection is a concept.
Perfection is a concept that one cannot achieve. Ever. You can't do everything you want to and succeed in it, even though sometimes this feeling of being unable to change it sucks. Sometimes you even realise that the one and only true problem standing in your way to perfection is you. You wanting to have fun, to party, to travel, to stop worrying, to spend all your money and to love the whole wide world. And think about it: what is perfection really? Is it trying to live up to high expectations and make the world happy; the whole wide world, but yourself? Living up to your own high expectations, which you expect to vanish as soon as you achieved all of them? 
Perfection is a concept that could make you go pessimistic if you wanted to or if you're not strong enough to turn it around. With this blog I invite everyone to be strong, take the perfection in the hand and twist and turn it around as long as the perfection suits you, and not the other way around. 

I'll try to do that from now on. Will you join me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment